Message regarding the Coronavirus Outbreak
As we all watch the direction of COVID-19’s evolution, we wanted to reach out and provide some information surrounding our organizational preparedness.
The health and safety of our residents, their families and our employees is extremely important to us, which is why we have infectious disease protocols in place and remain committed to providing high quality care to our residents all the while monitoring the local and global climates.
As a Residential Inpatient Treatment Facility our residents live in close quarters and share many common areas of the 17,000 square foot Centre. There is no denying the possibility of an outbreak of any virus is a possibility which is why CCFA has practices, policies, and procedures aimed at preventing the spread of any infectious diseases.
Though there are no reports of coronavirus at our facility, our Medical Team is prepared to address any potential cases. We are monitoring the directives and guidelines released by the World Health Organization, Centre for Disease Control and Local Health Officials and Organizations.
Some examples of actions we have taken to address coronavirus at our facility thus far,
- Increased facility sanitization and continual reinforcement of hand hygiene.
- Already in place during the pre-screening of potential residents for admission we ensure to ask questions about travel, flu-like symptoms, and their contact with individuals who are confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19
- Increased measures to remind staff and patients about ways to prevent the spread of germs
- Asking any and all visitors to refrain from coming onsite if they are exhibiting flu-like symptoms(cause some people will only think about /fever and/or new onset of cough or difficulty breathing, nausea/vomiting)
- Discouraging hugging and holding hands during fellowship times
- Enhanced availability and communication with families of those in treatment
- Temporary suspension of the onsite Family Group, facilitating it through teleconference instead
- Communication with Public Health as needed
In the unlikely event that an outbreak occurs, CCFA’s Medical Team is prepared to both recognize warning signs and implement preventative measures to reduce risk.
We have Medical staff onsite and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We thank you for your continued support and confidence in our organization and entrusting your loved one(s) to us.
Sincerely, CCFA Team