Full, Part-time, & Casual Positions Available
Provides prevention, assessment, referral, counselling, and follow-up services to individuals affected by the abuse of alcohol and drugs.
Candidate must possess an Addictions Diploma or Equivalent
- Observing all 12 Core Competencies of the Addiction Counsellor
- Development of client centered, individualize comprehensive Discharge Plans
- Conducting comprehensive assessments, developing treatment plans and making referrals to other programs or agencies as required.
- Providing individual, family and group counselling using therapeutic techniques drawn from the theoretical frameworks such as family systems, solutions-focused, narrative and psycho-dynamic group work.
- Assisting clients to live without depending on addictive substances and activities. Teaching and assisting clients in developing life skills and community survival skills. Engaging clients in acceptable recreational and social activities in the community.
- Developing and facilitating support groups for clients and/or their families as required.
- Reviewing and evaluating the client’s progress. Providing feedback and support to clients and/or their families.
- Maintaining client records, clinical notes and providing information into EMR
- Performing other tasks as required.
- Client Intake Procedures:
- Processing Contracts & Payment
- Personal Searches
- Belonging Searches
- Administering Client Urine Screens
- Transportation for Clients (Company Vehicle)
Full-Time Afternoon Registered Practical Nurse Line
Candidate must possess a Registered Practical Nursing Diploma, be in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario and have an interest in the area of mental health and addictions. Specific knowledge and experience in addiction treatment would be beneficial.
*Maintain valid and up-to-date registration with CNO and have practice insurance.
Direct Report to Supervisor: Programs Manager, Director of Addictions Services
- Administer medications; monitoring effects, providing education as required.
- Provide oversight to detoxification assessment and follow best practice protocols for withdrawal management and initiate detox treatment planning.
- Collect specimens; urine screens, pregnancy tests, both routine and random.
- Complete pre-admission screening assessments of potential clients prior to admission date, to ensure the well-being of the client, to assist with determining a positive treatment fit, and by using evidence-based treatment assessment tools in ensuring possible liability concerns for CCFA.
- Add new clients and clients pending admission to the physicians’ electronic charting system.
- Complete intake medical assessments including vital signs, detox assessment, medical history, withdrawal scale, and medication review.
- Communicate client concerns to the physician and arrange OTN meetings as required.
- Process physician orders.
- Follow up and consult on lab reports with CCFA physician and nursing team.
- When necessary accompany clients to medical appointments or emergency department visits.
- Complete depression/anxiety questionnaire and associated consents, and set up a psychological assessment with psychologist/associates.
- Be able to work within a team framework in a professional in-patient rehabilitation centre for substance abuse, maintaining flexibility within the role.
- Provide professional shift and status reports on each client seen.
- Have a working knowledge of addiction and concurrent disorders
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of the Canadian Centre for Addictions
Red Seal Chef
Professional Chef to create exciting menus and deliver exceptional food to our residents.
At the Canadian Centre for Addictions, our Red Seal Chef will lead the nutritional support of our treatment plan. We believe that food is part of the healing process for our residents and good food is the basis in getting our residents healthy.
- 3 Years Experience preferred
- Comfortable working alone in preparing breakfast, lunch & dinner for up to 30 people
- Prep, Cooking, and Clean-up of dishes and kitchen area required
- Red Seal Chef Prepared Menu
Our Centre is 24/7 support for our residents. The role of our head chef will work on a rotating bi-weekly schedule (73 hours bi-weekly):
- Week 1: Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday & Sunday
- Week 2: Monday, Thursday, Friday
Job Type: Full-time
Rate of Pay: $21.00/hr