Assessment and Stabilization
During Phase I our staff use evidence-based tools to assess the extent of the resident’s addiction and related problems. Taken into consideration for each resident is their physical, psychological, family, social and spiritual well-being. The length of this phase is generally 3-5 days but may vary based on the individual’s needs and circumstances.
- Assess and stabilize the individual physically
- Assess the readiness for the residential recovery program
- Identify issues that may require specialized services
- Introduce the basic principles of treatment
- Assist the client in understanding denial and resistance as they relate to addiction and assist with the importance of feelings in the recovery process.
Phase II is when residents experience evidence-based and best practice models of chemical dependency
treatment. This phase of the programming involves the resident participating in intensive group therapy,
individual counselling, 12-Step Groups and psycho-educational groups.
Phase II counselling sessions provide knowledge and skills to assist our residents in develop coping strategies. Topics for these sessions include:
- Addiction and the family
- Recovery as a lifestyle
- Learning to live with feelings
- The disease model of addiction
- 12 Step Study Workshops
- Relapse Prevention
- Stress Management
- Lifestyle change and choices
- Introduction to spirituality & meditation
Aftercare for your Life
The likelihood of effective recovery post intensive in-patient treatment is significantly enhanced with participation in an extended follow up program. CCFA wants to create effective and health therapeutic relationships with all our residents after the treatment process is complete. Phase III consists in weekly follow up and aftercare that is available for all “graduated” residents for as long as they would like to attend. Our trained aftercare counsellors will be there to help prevent relapse and assist with the further development of problem-solving and coping skills required in day to day recovery. Furthermore, CCFA encourages all our residents to become active members in the CCFA Alumni group. All “graduates” are invited to return to the treatment centre and share their weekly challenges and victories in their new recovery lifestyle in a group setting with current residents in program.